Contact us

EHC Needs Assessment

"The majority of children and young people with SEN or disabilities will have their needs met within local mainstream early years settings, schools or colleges . Some children and young people may require an EHC needs assessment in order for the local authority to decide whether it is necessary for it to make provision in accordance with an EHC plan."

DfE and DH (2015) SEN and disability code of practice: 0-25 years, paragraph 9.1 

In this section you can find useful information about what is an Education Health Care (EHC) needs assessment including what is an EHC needs assessment, who needs an EHC needs assessment, when and how this can be requested, and what to expect during the process of assessment. In addition, you can access information about your statutory rights as a parent of a child with SEN or as a young person with SEN.

For further information or details please contact us.